Sunday, December 28, 2014

Gospel Principles for Kids Lesson 1: Our Heavenly Father

Our Heavenly Father

There is a God
-How can we know God is there when we can't see him?  
I collected some pictures of ways we know of God's existence and had the kids draw them out of a bag.  I then had them tell me how what is pictured tells us God is real.  


Then I likened Heavenly Father to our earthly father.  Heavenly Father gave us earthly fathers to help us know what His love is like.  He cares for us like a dad cares for us.

The Nature of God
Discuss what God is like and what he does.   
Read Moses 1:39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Coming to Know God
How can we come to know God?
I again took the images of prayer and scripture study, added the commandments, and a blank paper representing 'believe that He exists and loves us.'
  

Here are a few supplemental videos we watched:

We Lived With God


My Heavenly Father Loves Me Primary Song


Lesson Rating: This was very well received at our house. :)

Quoted material, titles and headings come from the Gospel Principles manual published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Click here for the full lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment